A massive THANK YOU to the many people from around the world who have been emailing encouraging and beautiful messages for Kaylee and the school choir. Killard House are proud of our wonderful and talented pupils.We are all so happy that our singing has helped to make Christmas a little more special for so many people around the world. It is impossible to reply to each individual email as I have received over 300, so I hope this message conveys my school's and my own personal THANKS to everyone for your lovely words.
C Millar Principal
Check out some of the news articles.
Want to support our school?
Become a SCHOOL PATRON
simply send a donation of £100.00 to Killard House School Fund (cheques)
You will be issued with your Certificate of Patronage and you will receive a copy of our monthly School News. If you are based locally then you will also receive invitations to all our concerts and shows.
You will also be displayed on our Patron's Wall.
OR simply send a cheque made out to Killard House School Fund
Parents please note a copy of the Christmas Show
( which will include the choir's performance of Hallelujah ) will be available to purchase , in aid of School Fund,in January.
Parents Please Note
Contingency Plan for School Closures
The school may have to close due to unforeseen circumstances.
Loss of utilities ie water, gas and heating.
In the event of these events occurring the following guidelines will operate:
- Where possible the school will remain open. It will only close if the school site is dangerous and roads/paths are treacherous or a significant number of employees cannot get to school to supervise pupils.
- Notification of school closure will be posted on the BBC News website- www.bbc.uk/news/northern_ireland. It will be posted on school website as soon as possible. Parents will receive a text via the school’s texting service. Notification on website is only used for adverse weather conditions.
- Parents should note that a decision to close the school may not be made until after some pupils have set off for school due to associated difficulties. As our school starts artificially early the transport officers are not always contactable so early in the morning. However school will endeavour to contact them between 7.ooam- 7.30am.
- School transport is not controlled by the school. In adverse conditions it is up to each individual driver to make a decision whether or not to venture out. If a school text is sent out stating the school is closed then DO NOT send your child to school even if your bus arrives.
- On adverse weather days pupils should wear sensible school shoes and dress warmly in layers.
- Parents must ensure that they have given the school updated emergency contact details.
- If school is open and then suddenly has to close. Parents will be sent a text message. Those parents who can collect their child should collect their child from school. If it is impossible to collect your children they will be held in school and returned at normal time by bus. The remaining children will be cared for to the best ability of staff.
- Please note the school can only clear and salt the areas adjacent to the main entrances therefore take extreme care on icy days when walking around the school estate.
PLEASE USE YOUR JUDGEMENT- YOUR CHILD’S SAFETY COMES FIRST!
SCHOOL CAN ONLY ACT ON INFORMATION PROVIDED BY TRANSPORT SECTION.
Makaton Awareness Session
Thursday 19th January
Killard House School
All parents/family members/carers welcome
Trainer: Alison Douglas
Busy Busy Bethlehem!
P5 and P6/7s Christmas shopping in Bloomfields
P1/2 Visit the fruit and veg shop
ScuB and Speech B Fitness Day
Killard Tag Rugby Team
Zoo animals visit Killard
Scub really enjoyed meeting the different animals. We held a snail, snake, rat and tortoise!
Well Done to all the Pupils of the Week this week! You've worked hard to keep all the Golden Rules!
Year 8 and 9 trip to Ulster Rugby
On Tuesday 22 November 2016 the pupils in Year 8 and some from 9 went to the Kingspan Stadium for a fun day courtesy of Ulster Rugby
P7 had a fabulous day up at the Antrim Forum playing New Age Kurling, organised by Disability Sport NI.
Merry Christmas from the School Council
Pictured are Killard’s Primary and Yr 8/9 five-a-side football teams who took part in Inter schools competitions this term.
The Valley Leisure centre echoed to the chants of ‘We’re not Brazil….’ and ‘Josh is on fire…’ as both teams showed off their dazzling skills.
After some close matches, the Primary team finished third in their section while the Yr8/9 finished third overall bagging a bronze medal each.
Tel. 028 9188 2361
Fax. 028 9188 3470